Saturday, June 5, 2010

Banana Flax Muffins

I found a recipe for some flax muffins, but did some changing up and made it my own. :o) They turned out very good, but seemed to be lacking a little something. The next time I make them, I am going add some cinnamon and dried cranberries. I think that will make them the perfect muffin. You could use raisins if you don't like or have cranberries. The muffins went great with my morning cup of coffee! Here 's the recipe:

3/4 cup unbleached white flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup milled flax seed
1/4 cup organic cane sugar (you can always use plain sugar if you want)
1/4 cup honey
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 well ripened banana mashed
1/2 cup oatmeal
3 tbsp olive oil
1- 1 1/2 cups rice milk (or whatever kind of milk you want to use)
1/2 cup walnuts

* Next time I am adding 1/2 cup cranberries and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. :o)

Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. I used about 1 1/4 cups of rice milk. I started out with one, but the mixture was to thick. So, just add more milk as needed until batter stirs and spoons easily. Spoon batter into muffin cups. Cook at 400 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment