Saturday, July 17, 2010

Raspberry Buckwheat Pancakes



This morning has been a lazy Saturday morning. I had planned on going to the farmers market, so I got up and got ready, but then decided that there really wasn't anything that I just had to have this time. I just went to the grocery store and I pretty much got everything that I need for the week. I'm sure in a couple of days I will be wishing that I had gone, because I will be missing the homemade bread that I usually get. Oh well, since it has been a chillin morning, I made some buckwheat pancakes. Yes, I did cheat a little this morning...remember I said it was a "lazy" Saturday. :o)

I love Hodgson Mills buckwheat pancake mix. I used plain almond milk in place of the milk and the flax seed/water mixture in place of the egg. I also used safflower where it called for oil.
Of course I had to spruce the pancakes up a little with some fruit, so I topped them off with some fresh raspberries. I don't think anything can beat raspberries on top of pancakes, at least not in my book. :o)


Of course you have to top all that off with a little maple syrup!! Can you find the pancake and raspberries on my busy fruit plate...ha I didn't think about the picture taking when I fixed my plate...oh well, hopefully you can get the idea of how tasty it was. In case you can't, they were YUMMY...

I suppose I better get up off my rear end and start getting some things done...nothing is more fun than house cleaning....yeah right....ha

~Peace~

3 comments:

  1. That sounds so good right now! I love buckwheat and I haven't had raspberries in forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love buckwheat pancakes! Especially for breakfast, I always use a mix or just have fruit. Except for special occasions, it's nice to have a lazy morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love the taste of buckwheat. Fabulous pancakes!

    ReplyDelete