Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Liebster Award and Good Eats

First I want to thank Cassie over at Vegan Fox In The Snow for giving me the Liebster Award.  Thank you so much Cassie....you're so sweet!  I had no idea what Liebster meant, so I'm glad that Cassie explained the meaning behind this award.  "Liebster" is German for 'dearest' or 'beloved' but it can also mean 'favorite'. The idea behind this award is to bring attention to blogs with fewer than 200 followers and show some support.



Here are the rules for winning this award.

1.  Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2.  Reveal 5 of your top picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.

3.  Post the award on your blog.

4.  Enjoy the love and support of some wonderful people on the www!


This is very hard to only pick 5 bloggers, because I love all the blogs that I read, so I'm going to pick the newest ones that I've started following.


These are all great blogs, so if you haven't already, go check them out....you will NOT be disappointed!

Sunday morning I made HH's cinnamon rolls.   They were just okay.  I know, my first HH recipe that I don't love, but that could be due to the baker and not the recipe.   After I put the cinnamon rolls in the oven, I noticed that my yeast had expired....oops!   They didn't rise, and they were a little on the dry side.   As soon as I get some fresh yeast, I think I'll give them another try.  I can't imagine these not being good.....


Sunday night I made Veganomicon's Scalloped potatoes.  I told Tony what I was cooking for supper and he asked can't you just make them from a box?   Oh my...I told him these would be way better and to just wait.  Score... again.... for the vegans....he agreed that they were very good.  This was actually my first try at making any type of scalloped potatoes from scratch.  I have no idea what in the world took me so long to to try it.  People, forget the boxed stuff!   These are way better and will not disappoint!  I can't wait to make these for a family get together.  No one will ever believe that they are vegan! 


I also made Vecon's Chickpea Cutlets...always delish!  I topped them off with some good ole Country Bob's.  And last, but not least, I had some good ole black eyed peas to round my meal off.  :o)  I actually ended up adding some Country Bob's to the black eyed peas too....man was that ever tasty! 


While I was on vacation I tried several things that I got in my care package from Hally.  One of my favorites was this Candy bar.  If you've never had one and you used to like a Snickers, then you will love the Jokerz candy bar.   I don't have these where I live, but you can bet that I'm about to figure out where I can order them from.  I also had the Buccaneer which taste exactly like a Milky Way....YUM!  I didn't realize how much I missed eating candy bars.  :o)


Just looking at this picture makes me want another one...bad!

What's your favorite vegan candy bar?

~Peace~

11 comments:

  1. i've never had a vegan candy bar, and i think i need one. or else make my own...congrats on the award :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! You've managed to turn my bad morning around :)
    My fave candy bar that's vegan is bonbarr- they're so so sweet and rich that half a bar is enough. Completely decadent. Having said that I haven't tried many...
    Your dinner looks great- I must try those potatoes mmm yum.
    Thank you again! I really appreciate it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award! The scalloped potatoes sound great, and the perfect thing to serve with chickpea cutlets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HH's cinnamon rolls are on our list of things to make this weekend. I hope they turn out!

    Those are really good candy bars. The best candy bar I've ever had is a sea salt & almond one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I actually liked those HH cinnamon rolls. I haven't made much from the book still but those were okay, even though I used the wrong flour.
    Nice job on tha scalloped potatoes! I made them for Thanksgiving one year and totally flipped out measuring the potatoes to 1/8 of an inch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww thank you so much, you are so sweet! It looks like you've been busy cooking up a storm and everything looks amazing. Those scalloped potatoes looks beautiful and the cinnamon buns! Yum! I don't really eat candy bars since I've been vegan but I'm a total sucker for Twizzlers. Does that count? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Health Sleuth - you really need to try one...just once! :o) It's probably a good thing that I don't have them where I live.

    Claire, You are so welcome! Bonbarr sounds like it would be good. I need to google it to see where I might can find one. :)

    Thanks Andrea! I will be making those potatoes again and again! :o)

    Molly, I'm sure your cinnamon rolls will be great! I'm pretty sure I'm the one who messed them up. Maud made them and liked them, so.... :o) I'm going to make them again with fresh yeast...the old yeast may have been the culprit. Let me know how you like them. Sea salt and almond candy bar...oh man...that sounds awesome!

    Maud, I remember you making HH's cinnamon rolls, so that's why I'm pretty sure the reason they didn't turn out so hot was due to my baking skills...ha I'm going to try them again...for sure! Too funny that you flipped out measuring the potatoes. :o)

    VaVa, You're welcome! :o) And, I haven't had Twizzlers in ages. Now I'm going to have to go buy some...ha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that I think about it, I don't know if I've ever made scalloped potatoes. Great idea! PB cups are always my favorite, if those count. I do really like those Jokerz bars. But I like Eli's bars even more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo, vegan candy bars? Never had one. We get by with vegan chocolate bars, but I'm going to definitely do some research. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess I never commented on this one! i'm sorry! All my favorites too -- Chickpea Cutlets, Potatoes & Candy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never had a vegan candy bar like many others on here and now you have me intrigued. Especially since Halloween in coming up and seeing all those snickers bars in my kids treat bags the past 2 days has me craving them :) I usually just snack on the chocolate chips from Trader Joe's for my chocolate sweet cravings. Congrats on the award too, that is cool!

    ReplyDelete