Monday, May 31, 2010

STRAWBERRY DREAM SMOOTHIE

Here is a delicious strawberry smoothie. I made it for the first time Sunday morning. I toasted a slice of oatmeal molasses bread (yum) and spread some almond butter on it. That with the smoothie was a very filling, protein packed breakfast. It kept me full until lunch time. :o) I normally use orange or pineapple juice to make my smoothies. But, I decided to change it up after seeing other recipes where people were using rice and almond milk to up the protein. Here's the recipe.

1 cup original rice dream rice milk
5 or 6 fresh strawberries
2 frozen strawberries
1/2 frozen banana
1/2 tsp agave nectar (or you could use honey)

Put milk, berries, banana and agave nectar in a blender and blend until smooth.
I put a couple of frozen berries and frozen banana in it to make it a little slushy. Much better than adding ice.

An easy way that I have found to freeze bananas is to peel the banana and cut it in half. Wrap the halves in saran wrap and stick in the freezer. That way your half is ready when you get ready to use it in your smoothie. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment