Saturday, June 19, 2010

Oatmeal Banana Pancakes

I found an oatmeal pancake recipe in my "Yeast-Free Kitchen" cook book that sounded so good. I made some adjustments to make it vegan, and made them for breakfast this morning. My husband and I went to the farmers market as soon as we got up this morning and got some fruit and veggies. We found some great looking blackberries. I knew exactly what I was going to do with them when I saw them. I already knew I was going to make pancakes when we got home, so a fresh black berry syrup sounded perfect to top them off. Here is the pancake recipe.

Pancake recipe:

1 1/2 cups oats
1 cup regular soy milk
1 cup water
1/2 cup unbleached white flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 tbs honey
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 ripe banana mashed
1/4 cup safflower oil

Pour water and soy milk over oats and let stand for 5 minutes.
Sift in flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir lightly until mixed.
Stir in mashed banana, oil, and honey. Bake on greased griddle.

Syrup recipe:

1 1/2 cups black berries (or any berry will do)
1/2 cup maple syrup
3 tbs Earth Balance buttery spread
1 tbs corn starch

Put blackberries, maple syrup, and butter in sauce pan over med heat. Mash the black berries with a fork in the sauce pan as the mixture is heating up.
Add corn starch after mixture starts to boil and turn down on low.
Simmer for about 5 minutes.

Pour black berry syrup over pancakes and enjoy!

~Peace~

No comments:

Post a Comment