Friday, June 18, 2010

Purple Machine Smoothie

I added something to my smoothie this morning that I never would have dreamed that I would do. I have been reading recipes where people put spinach in their smoothies. If I am being honest, that has never sounded very appetizing to me. Everyone says that you don’t taste the spinach, so this morning I decided…what the heck…I’m going to try it. The outcome was great! I couldn’t believe how great it actually tasted. I was impressed! Everyone was right about not tasting the spinach. Below is what I put in my smoothie this morning. Next time, I think I will add a large handful of spinach. :o)

About 7 frozen strawberries
A small had full of frozen blueberries
A small handful of spinach
1 ripe banana
A cup or more of plain rice milk

I threw everything in the blender, and blended until it was all smooth. I was surprised at how well the spinach blended. This made a large serving for one. Of course the blueberries turned it purple, so I decided to call it purple machine. I always think of Popeye when I am using spinach. According to Popeye the sailor man, spinach makes you strong! :o))

I'm strong to the finich
Cause I eats me spinach.
I'm Popeye the Sailor Man

~Peace~

No comments:

Post a Comment