Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Products I Like

I’m not posting about food today, instead I wanted to post about a few products that I have tried that I really like. I am slowly adding organic/animal friendly products to my vegan ways. I can’t see being wasteful and throwing away products that I am currently using, so after they’re gone I’m replacing them with vegan products.

I love the Avalon Organics Vitamin C facial products. The Vitamin C gel facial cleanser is awesome. This cleansing gel leaves my skin feeling so refreshed. It gently removes all the impurities and nourishes the skin with organic aloe. It also protects your skin and its natural balance from free radical damage generated by sun exposure. It’s scented with the aroma of organic Sweet Orange essential oil. The first thing that turned me on to this product was that is was free of Sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate, or other harsh chemicals, parabens, or other harsh preservatives, synthetic fragrance, artificial colors, and/or animal testing.


After I cleanse my face with the gel cleanser, I then use the Vitamin C Vitality Facial Serum. This vitamin C activated facial serum will energize your complexion and improve circulation, clarity, tone and texture. This highly concentrated blend of certified organic botanicals, soothing plant emollients and powerful antioxidants is easily absorbed for optimum age-defying benefits. It helps repair and protect your skin from the signs of aging by naturally boosting collagen and elastin production, stimulating cell renewal and increasing healthy circulation for a youthful, luminous complexion. I have been using this product for over a month now and the results have been phenomenal. I had a deep scar from the shingles on my forehead that looked terrible. A friend of mine that had previously had the shingles suggested that I find some liquid vitamin c to put on the scar. While doing research, I came across this product. I decided to give it a try to see if it would help heal and shrink the scar. I have been rubbing this serum on the scar every morning and every night for the last month and the scar has shrunk half it’s original size. I am hoping after another month or two it will be completely gone. I will never be without this product. I also had some sun damage from a bad sunburn a few years ago on one of my cheek bones. It was a fairly noticeable dark spot that is fading away with the help of these products. :o)

Next is the Avalon Vitamin C Refreshing facial cream. This cream is for normal to dry skin and soaks into the skin nicely. It’s PH balanced and doesn’t leave your skin feeling oily. I have normal to oily skin and this is perfect for my skin. I use it every morning and night. It wears great under makeup. Like the other two Avalon products above, the vitamin c energizes your complexion and improves circulation, clarity , tone and texture. I can really tell a difference in my skin since I have been using these products. I’ve been using the cleanser and cream about a month longer than the serum and the results have been outstanding. :o)

Well, I said I wasn’t going to post about food, but I decided to share my lunch with you. It was a quick fix. I had a Morning Star Garden veggie burger on a wheat bun. I added half of an avocado and some spinach to complete the sandwich. This is the first time that I added avocado to a veggie burger like this. It was yummy. Oh, I also had some roasted red pepper hummus with my carrots. Talk about some yumminess….I do believe the roasted red pepper is my favorite hummus dip so far. I usually make my own hummus, but I saw this in the grocery store and could not pass it up. :o)

Cell phone pic...sorry for the poor quality

~Peace~

4 comments:

  1. I love to read about new products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know I really enjoy your blog and recipes. I am also a new vegan (April) though I was a vegetatian for 15 years before going vegan but it is still an amazing learning experience everyday. It is just amazing how many seemingly "vegan" things have or could have animal products in them! I recommended you for the list over at healthy happy life so hopefully you got a few new readers from that! Have you found any good body soaps that you like? I am also trying to transition to animal free products and bought some Kiss my Face soap but I do not like it at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele, I love to read about new products too.

    Kim, Thank you so much for reading my blog. Also, thank you very much for recommending me over at healthy happy life. That is so sweet of you! You know, I haven't found a soap that I like either. Like you, I've tried Kiss my Face and did NOT like it. I am still on the hunt though. If you come across something you like, please let me know. That is so cool that you are a new vegan too. It's so exciting learning about new foods and products. I have learned so much from other vegan blogs. Let me know when you come across new products that you like. I love trying products that other people have tried and are recommending. It doesn't seem as scary to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have started to be more concerned about the products I use, too. I've found some real surprises - first of all, that the regular old Noxzema I like says on the tub that it's not tested on animals, but it's made with animal gelatin!

    ReplyDelete