Saturday, July 10, 2010

French Toast

My husband and I rolled out of the bed this morning to head to the farmers market. I wasn't too sure what I wanted to buy this time, but I knew I would figure it out once I got there. My first purchase was french bread! I have been really missing french toast lately. Another reason for the thought of making French toast for breakfast was because my husband (Tony) had mentioned a couple of weeks ago that some French toast sure would be good. I thought I would be a nice wife this morning and make him some. Of course I wanted to eat too, so I had to make it vegan...right. :o) Oddly enough, I've never made french toast with french bread...weird isn't it. Anyway, I decided to make my vegan french toast with French bread this morning. I wasn't to sure at how it would turn out. I found a recipe on the Internet, but made several changes to it. Tony really enjoyed it, so the recipe is a keeper.


It was so easy to make....Here's the recipe.

2 ripe bananas
1 cup soy milk
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
French bread
Cooking spray


Blend bananas, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla in a blender. Pour blended mixture into a shallow pie dish. Take French bread slices and put in mixture for about 30 seconds then flip to coat the other side. Let sit for another 30 seconds on the other side. Meanwhile, spray non stick skillet with cooking spray and add the dipped french bread slices. Cook about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. I had to spray the skillet again when I flipped the bread to keep it from sticking.
Serve immediately with fruit and maple syrup. So tasty!

~Peace~

4 comments:

  1. Vegan french toast is my FAVORITE! I use a soy milk/flour mix for mine but, honestly yours sounds so much better! By the way, I noticed that you said you recently went vegan and I just wanted to say it looks like things are going great! I'm really enjoying your blog! (And all the lovely comments you post on mine!!!) :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had vegan french toast made with flax.It's "eggier". I think you would just grind a couple of tablespoons of flax seeds and then add it to your mixture. Maybe try to do a search for "flax french toast".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never made vegan French toast, but this looks good and easy, just like you said! It's so funny (and awesome!) that something so typically full of eggs can be easily made vegan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great, simple, healthy French toast recipe! The one I use is a lot more complicated, I'm going to have to try yours. :)

    ReplyDelete