Friday, January 21, 2011

What...Pizza.... Again ????

Happy Friday! It snowed here again late yesterday afternoon, which left the roads in pretty slick conditions. I was not a very happy camper on my way home yesterday. I do NOT like driving on ice, which was what was under the beautiful snow....YIKES! I so wanted to take a snow day today, but my husband got me to work all safe and sound (Yay!). I had to find out the hard way that snow days aren't as much fun when you don't get paid for them.

I am very thankful that we didn't get a huge snow and get snowed in, because we are out of almost everything. Our frig is bare! I don't think it has ever been this empty. No milk of any kind, no juice, no veggies...nada! Maggie has a few muffins left in the frig and we have cheese...that's about it. With that being said, you can imagine how big my grocery list is.

Tony found some sliced bell peppers that we had put in the freezer a while back, and I found half a bag of frozen spinach. After some scrounging around for a few minutes, we came up with enough things to make a pizza. My half consisted of Prego mushroom sauce, vegan mozzarella cheese, vegan sausage, onions, red bell peppers, frozen spinach (thawed and cooked a bit), garlic powder, basil oregano, salt and pepper.


Oh and we had some pasta also. What a carbolicious dinner!

I think I am going to have to start making weekly goals instead of yearly goals. I'm not doing so hot with my yearly goals. So, my goals for next week are:
eat less carbs
no oreo cookies for my night time snack :-(
eat more veggies
eat a salad a day
work out at least 3 days
study one hour a night
use my cookbooks
I have high hopes and determination for these weekly goals! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
~Peace~Love~Happiness~

13 comments:

  1. do you keep going to carbs because they ae quick or because you want them?

    lol on learning the hard way:) that was cute. keep warm!(you too Maggie!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate driving when it's icy, too. I don't go very slow, but it always seems like there's someone right on my arse in those conditions. So..... I go slower, cause I'm a brat like that. :)

    I tend to make weekly goals, too, that are in tune with my overall goals. I think you're on the right track and they all look very doable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, Your pizza looks delicious. I haven't had pizza in so long. Always a keeper!
    xo
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I'm very familiar with the dramatically-different, split-down-the-middle shared pizza ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks very veggie to me, nice! I love big shopping trips...imagine the bangin pizza you'll be able to make next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the impromptu pizza! I never do quite so well tossing stuff together from the freezer and cabinets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yum! Glad you found my site (veganizing) - have enjoyed browsing through yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can never get too much pizza! And your half sounds delicious...it's good to use stuff up like that.

    Those sound like great goals...good luck and have fun restocking your cupboards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing wrong with pizza!

    http://www.haymarket8.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. If Pizza and Pasta are what comes naturally, go for it! Sure looks fantastic to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not going to lie; carbolicious looks great. Good luck with your goals! We support you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    I'm actually doing a research thesis for my undergrad studies at ucsd and my topic pertains to vegan food blogging.
    I feel as though blogs, of any form are an interesting way to be able to connect to people of similar interests. For me, when I made the switch to veganism (a little over a year ago now) I sought out blogs as a means of a support system.

    I was wondering if you could give me some insight into why you specifically keep a blog? Why you started blogging? and what, if anything, you feel you gain from others blogs?

    Any insight you could give me into the importance of blogging for you would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you for your time,
    Richelle
    rbarta@ucsd.edu

    ps. Anyone who has anything to say on this topic, please feel free to email me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I turn to carbs so often because they are so easy, of course my love for them sure doesn't happen matters. :o)

    ReplyDelete